Thanksgiving Day house fire displaces family of five

Photo courtesy of Michael Measeles

An early morning housefire took place on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 22, on Cherry Avenue in Country Club Manor, near Miami.

“Luckily the neighbors were away for the holiday. Globe Police assured folks there were no injuries. Thank God,” Michael Measeles told the Silver Belt.

According to posts on local social media, while no one was home, the fire displaced a family of five with another baby due in March 2019.

A Go Fund Me account has been established for Kallam and Kayla Kruse. The page states, “My brother Kallam and his beautiful family woke to a phone call early Thanksgiving morning from the fire department. An electrical fire started under their bed and burned the room almost completely. A neighbor reported it and the fire department was able to put it out, but not before the entire house and everything inside was ruined by fire and smoke damage. We are so thankful they were not home, but were with family for the holiday. But they literally have the few clothes they packed for a night away, and nothing more. They are just at the beginning of the overwhelming task of picking up the pieces, and if we can help alleviate some of the burden and stress, I know it will make a world of difference at this difficult time. They don't want to look to others for help, but I know there will be many just like me who want to do something. So if you want to help and you can, please do. This is something we hope never happens to us, but if it did we would need all the support, prayers, and love we could get.”

 

 

More In Front Page