Something new is happening this summer for the Globe-Miami-Claypool communities.
An exciting new partnership is bringing seven free concerts to the city of Globe.
The Globe Miami Community Concert Association (GMCCA) received a generous grant from the United Fund of Globe-Miami and is partnering with the City of Globe and the Globe Downtown Association to present seven free concerts for the community.
There will be something for everyone. The concerts have been scheduled on opposite weekends of the Miami Concerts in the Park to ensure a music-filled summer (all performances are free).
The first concert takes place on June 9. Geared for kids and families, it serves to kick off the library’s summer reading program in a partnership between GMCCA, Globe City Library, and Friends of the Globe Library. It will take place at Harbison Football Field from 6-8 p.m. The Aug. 18 concert is a back-to-school concert at the city park, which targets school-age kids and families. The Steve Holmquist concert on Sept. 12 is in conjunction with the Gila County Historical Society and Museum’s Old Dominion Days. It will take place at Gila County Historical Society.
The other four concerts will all be held at the train depot, 230 S. Broad St., in downtown Globe from 7-9 p.m. There will be plenty of room for dancing. People attending should bring their own chairs. Concessions for food and beverages will also be available.
Plan on joining in the festivities. Mark these dates on your calendar. Take the opportunity to get out into the cool of the evening on long summer nights. Bring family, friends and relations.
• Saturday, June 9: Urban Fiction, Summer Reading Program kickoff at Harbison Field – 6-8 p.m.
• Saturday, June 23: Neto Vasquez and Imagine, at the train depot – 7-9 p.m.
• Saturday, July 7: Silver Creek Band, at the train depot – 7-9 p.m.
• Friday, July 20: Junction 87, at the train depot – 7-9 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 4: Cover Ups, at the train depot – 7-9 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 18: Mimelight, at the city park, 150 N. Pine St. — time TBA.
• Wednesday, Sept. 12: Steve Holmquist, OD Days at Gila County Historical Society – time TBA.