Resolution Copper is hosting a public meeting at the Superior Chamber of Commerce at 6 p.m. on June 19 to provide a project update on reclamation at the West Plant property adjacent to Superior, which includes the Magma Smelter complex.
Contractor WestLand Resources will present:
• A brief overview of the history of mining in Superior with a focus on Magma Copper and the smelter;
• A brief discussion of the building documentation standards of the Arizona State Historic Preservation Office;
• A summary of the ongoing historical-architectural documentation of the smelter complex;
• A multimedia example of drone technology as used in the documentation project;
• A discussion of the value of oral-historical interviews in documenting Superior’s mining history; and,
Residents will also be able to ask any questions they have about reclamation or the mine in general.
For more information, go to resolutioncopper.com/shape-whats-next/west-plant-reclamation.