Over the last few weeks, there have been a significant increase in the number of burglaries. The burglaries are primarily concentrated in the Globe downtown area, although there have been some in other nearby areas.
The Globe Police Department is actively investigating these crimes and are asking for assistance from anyone who may have information regarding these burglaries.
If you have information concerning burglaries, please call the Globe Police Department Non-Emergency Line at (928) 402-1872, or the WeTip (Anonymous Reporting) (800) 78-CRIME – (800) 782-7463.
The Globe Police Department would like to take this opportunity to remind business owners throughout Globe to check the security of your building.
Here are a few suggestions that can help make your home or business less appealing to burglars.
• Lock your doors and windows (many burglars enter through an unlocked door)
• Use a deadbolt that has a minimum of a 1” throw and use 3” screws to secure the deadbolt.
• Use security locks or blocks for windows and sliding doors.
• Make sure to secure old unused doorways and windows.
• Keep jewelry stored in a safe location (safe) along with any large amounts of cash.
• Install a security alarm and cameras if possible. (burglars are deterred by proper security systems and frequently leave immediately when alarms go off)
• Call the Police if a strange person knocks on your door with a flimsy story (burglars often do this to get a better look inside or to see if anyone is home before a break-in).
• Leave lights on inside (choose different lights each day…keep them guessing)
• Leave a radio or TV on inside (the noise deters burglars)
• Outside motion lights deter burglars (a softer ambient light is better than a bright light)