Phoenix — Here are some of the current employment figures that were recently provided by Freeport McMoRan Inc.
- Freeport McMoRan Morenci, which is the company’s biggest copper mine in Arizona, currently has 3,200 employees, with 52 job openings.
- Freeport McMoRan Green Valley, located southwest of Tucson, has 790 workers and 15 job openings.
- Freeport McMoRan Miami has 730 workers on the payroll and seven job openings.
- Freeport McMoRan Safford follows with 710 employees and 10 job openings.
Company officials in Phoenix have also announced Freeport will release its first quarter financial results on Tuesday, April 25. The company's quarterly reports during the past year have been as follows:
- Net profit of $292 million for 4th quarter 2016
- Net profit of $217 million for 3rd quarter 2016
- Net loss of $479 million for 2nd quarter 2016
- Net loss of $4.2 billion for 1st quarter 2016